Thursday, February 8, 2007

Letter Profile of Annie Ingram

I put a picture of a lady in a magazine on here recently to show how much my DMIL looked like her. She was identical to her picture in her later years. I wanted to add something about her from my old blog. She was a great MIL and a wonderful person. In this picture, she is on the left, shown with her brother and his wife. We lost her in November of 2001, but this was written for her a couple of years before she died.

Letter Profile of Annie Ingram:


Annie: One of the beautiful people. What can I say...that your life has not already conveyed to others? I can only remind us of it. A mother, sister, grandmother, aunt, mother-in-law, friend,Christian sister and confidant. (I could tell you any thing and feel that it was safe. Now it would be doubly safe because of our lack of memory.)

You and your wonderful mate, Grady Ingram, have succored many since I have known you...and I have heard many years before that, But I'll just cover what I have observed.

I have observed you as a mother-in-law always willing to help, being there with advice when you were asked for it, but never trying to interfere in the lives of your children.

You took many into your home in their 'low' times...many of your grandchildren, sometimes with, sometimes without their parents , whatever the circumstances warranted and sent them to school many months at a time.

A new baby due in the family...illnesses, accidents...if you were needed...you packed your bags, left your own home and the obligations there, and went off to help.

I remember you postponing having surgery for years that you needed so desperately, because Grady was so scared for you to have it. He was so afraid he would lose you. No one wanted to tell you his fears so you probably did not know until now why he gave you such a hard time about it.

You had the patience of Job, to your own detriment at times. You gave up things for yourself to supply what others needed. You gave your energy and strength when you had little left, but it probably did not surface in your mind as sacrifice, because you were in your domain...doing what you love to do for the ones you love so much!

I know that many of your children and grandchildren are aware of this and appreciate you so very much! Your interest in and love for Grady's people reminds us of a great lady in the Bible who had these qualities. Your real name...isn't by chance, Ruth...Is it?

Thank you Annie, for being such a good role model for the rest of us!

Love you forever, One of your DIL's.

No comments: